Upgrading your Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows deployment is a crucial step in keeping your analytics platform up to date and leveraging the latest features. In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of upgrading your Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.
1. Open and log in Qlik Sense Hub in server as administrator.
2. Check your Qlik Sense Enterprise version by click on the “about” button.
Info is displayed as below:
3. Check & download Qlik Sense updates.
- Make sure you have logged on as an administrator using an account that has an actual password defined, that is, not a blank password.
- If you are running the Qlik Sense services with a LocalSystem account then you must change to a service user account before beginning the upgrade.
Create a backup of your Qlik Sense deployment before upgrading.
4. Upgrade Qlik Sense setup:
- Stop your Qlik Sense services.
- Upgrade your central node by launching the Qlik Sense setup fil (Qlik_Sense_setup.exe).
- Select Upgrade to upgrade your existing shared persistence deployment.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- On the Service Credentials page, enter the Username and Password for your Windows Qlik Sense service user account.
- If the user is a domain member, enter the service account as <domain>\<username>. For more information, see User Accounts.
- On the Ready to Upgrade page, select the appropriate check boxes if you want the setup to create desktop shortcuts and automatically start the Qlik Sense services when the setup is complete, and click Upgrade.
- Check that all of the Qlik Sense services have started successfully.
- Check the Apps overview page in the Qlik Management Console. The text Migration needed is displayed in the Version column for apps that require migration, see Migrating apps.
- Deploy the Qlik Sense upgrade with shared persistence on the remaining nodes.
Any custom manual configurations that you make to the PostgreSQL database must be manually reproduced after the upgrade.
5. Upgrade Qlik Sense patch:
- Stop the Qlik Sense services.
- Run the setup to install a patch on the central node. When the installation is complete, the Summary is displayed.
- Click Finish to close the Summary.
You have successfully applied a patch to your Qlik Sense deployment.
- Start the Qlik Sense services.
- Repeat this procedure for each of the remaining nodes.
You cannot repair an installation using the repair option on the setup program once patches have been applied. The repair option is only available for the original software version, so any patches installed must be uninstalled before you can use the repair option.
Follow the same procedure to uninstall patches.
Checking Error on Unsuccessful Upgrade:
1. If the patch did not install successfully, the Failedscreen is displayed. For more detailed information, see the installation log located in your temp folder accessed with environment variable %temp%.
2. Check Windows activity at Windows Event Viewer:
- Event Viewer > Applications & Services Logs > QlikInstallerServiceLog
3. Check Windows’ Antivirus update/block setting.
By following this guide, you can successfully upgrade your Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows, unleashing the full potential of this robust data analytics platform. Learn more at Qlik .