OPEN JOB: Junior Data Scientist (Contract)
Your key responsibilities
• Applying computer-aided statistical modelling to solve business problems
• Machine learning, data mining and information retrieval
• Natural language processing and text analytics
• Extracting information from a wide variety of sources including quantitative, qualitative and big data sources
• Be focus on delivering value and excellence for our clients and work with our stable of cutting-edge technologies.
Skills and attributes for success
• For this level, you will have 2 to 3 years experience working on AI and Advanced Analytics projects
• Experience in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, R, SAS, Java, C++, SPSS, MATLAB.
• Data visualisation experience – Qlik or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and manage an environment of rapid change and development, and lead others through this process
• Evidences to success in design and build of advanced data analytics solutions
• Knowledge and experience of all phases of software development (including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, defect management, and deployment) and cloud technologies
• Great communication skills and stakeholder management experiences
• Exposure to analytics, data warehousing/platform, and data strategy projects
Ideally, you also need to have
• Tertiary qualifications (a Masters or PhD degree is desired but not compulsory) in a quantitative discipline, such as Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Applied Science., or equivalent.
• Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Good consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
• Some experience in a delivery role on Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data projects
*Please send in your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position applied for in the email subject.*